Husband's pocket money

Assalamu alaikum
I am working in an MNC and i earn, but my husband spends nothing from his side on me since i live with my brother in an another city due to employment agreement for a specific period. On asking him the money he is like “you earn so you have to spend on urself and do not expect anything from me”

Kindly advise me if my husband is doing a wrong thing or i am the one who did wrong asking him for my maintenance cost.

Wa alaykum salaam

Insha Allah one of the Muftis will reply to you with their guidance, however please see here for a similar question previously asked. In particular, see Point 2 in the Mufti’s answer, which explicitly says: ‘In Islam, the husband is responsible to provide financially for his wife throughout her entire life even though she might have other sources of income.’

Help regarding finances whilst on maternity leave - Everyday Islamic Finance / Personal and Family Finance - IFG Islamic Finance Forum (islamicfinanceguru.com)

1 Like

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

As mentioned in the link posted below, it is the responsibility of the husband to provide for his wife.
He can only stop paying in the maintenance in some exceptional cases, for example, if the wife leaves the house without his permission and goes to live somewhere else.
So the question, you need to ask yourself is: did you go to another city without him agreeing to it? or did he actually agree to it? If he did agree, then he still has to pay for the maintenance cost.

And Allah knows best!