Working for credit rating agencies

I want to know whether working for credit rating agency and income coming from it- is it eligible? Often credit rating report may be used to get a loan. is it one of the la’nat from prophet muhammad (sallallahu alaiji wasallam) regarding intermediary in interest deals?

Assalaamu alaykum,

What is your job description?

Actually I am not working there yet, but thinking of applying. I was thinking of applying in the position of credit analyst in a rating company. So an Analyst may visit a client company to collect data and documentations. Then analyst prepares an initial rating report based on his financial analysis (quantitative and qualitative). Then his report will go through the higher authority within the rating company. And after approval of the report by the higher authority, the rating company issues a credit rating for the client firm suggesting their creditworthiness level through the rating. For that, credit rating company receives a fee from the client.
Based on that creditworthiness level, interest rates for loans taken by client company may be set.

Asalamu alaikum. Also interested in the answer to this question. Specifically, being involved directly in evaluating credit risk and assigning credit ratings.