Working for an Insurance Broker

As Salaam Alaykum, I pray those reading this post are in the best of health.

In my current role I manage a team who are responsible for servicing the insurance needs for high net worth clients, this can be new business and renewals. In additional, i am also responsible for my own book of clients who i will process renewals, new business and adjustments.

If my role is not permissible, what changes, if any can I made which would make it permissible? If i went to a pure management only role i would still be doing 1-2-1 meetings discussing team member figures and sales targets to increase their book of business.

I have worked in the insurance sector for over 14 years and if this role is not right for me that’s fine i am happy to start again but wanted to make sure i understand what options are acceptable in this area.

I follow the Hanafi Fiqh if this changes anything.

Jazak’Allah Khair for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to your feedback.

@Mufti_Faraz_Adam @Mufti_Billal

When you have a moment i am keen to hear your comments so i can either put my mind at ease or understand what steps i need to take moving forward.

Jazak’Allah Khair

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
From what you have said, I feel this role is not permissible as you are involved in selling insurance contracts. Even in a managerial role, you would still be part of the process of maximising the sell of those contracts.
I would suggest you to move onto a different role once it is possible for you to do. First, apply for a suitable and once you are successful in the application, then you can leave the current one.
@ibrahimkhan might suggest areas where you can potentially apply, as you have a strong background in the insurance industry.
If @Mufti_Faraz_Adam has a different opinion, then I have no issue if you decide to follow it instead of mine.

And Allah knows best!

Jazak’Allah @Mufti_Billal for the prompt response.

@Mufti_Faraz_Adam what is your opinion, is there any scenario whereby it would be permissible or is it clear cut? happy to provide any further details if required.

@ibrahimkhan your insight would be appreciated, I have worked with HNW individuals for many years and built up to my current position which pays comfortable salary but if there is a consensus i will need to start again (which i am happy to do so) but i don’t know what areas to explore. I wouldn’t mind retraining as i am aware i wont be earning the same.

Jazak’Allah Khair in advance for your support on this and generally coming together to help the wider community.

Asalaam Alaykum @Mufti_Faraz_Adam

You opinion would be really valued on my position and i look forward to hearing from you once you have had a chance to review so i can understand in changes if any for me going forward.