Working for a commodity trader

Assalaam u alaykum

Please could you advise on whether it is halal to work as a commercial analyst for a commodity trader in the oil and gas industry.

The company will deal in future trading.

As the commercial analyst, no trading will be carried out and will be focussed on sales reporting etc.

Jazakallah

Assalaamu alaykum,

Of course, it is always better to abstain completely from Shariah non compliant activities. If you are not involved in the purchasing and you are not instrumental in purchasing futures, but you are only reporting the sales etc, there is concession to work in such a role but better to find something completely detached from unlawful sectors and products.

Allah knows best

Assallaam u alaykum Mufti

Jazakallah for the response and insight.

May you be rewarded for sharing your knowledge.

1 Like

Salam aleykoum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,
So the gas and power market is non halal ? I’m working in the IT department of a french company owned by NGP UK (Northern Gas and Power) my main job is to provide help whenever a user in the company have an issue with thier pc, moving pc but Îm not involved in sales or stuff like that. Is my job halal or haram ? I’m struggling with the idea of making haram money and being in the sin… the only stuff making me stay is that they let me pray when it s the time of prayer and I’m allowed to go the Joumou3a but I’m afraid that my job maybe haram :fearful:.