Working as software developer

Assalamu alaikum,

I have a career related question to the respected moderators of this forum.

I am working as subcontractor for one big Software Company which produces software solutions for banking and finance for their external clients (in this case that is insurance company).

So I have signed contract with one company which out sources me to this big Software company.

The (mobile) application on which I would have to work is insurance app which consider different types of insurances on which customer could apply throughout this app.

My role would be as Software developer (working in bigger team) to develop and design some parts of this app.

Respected Mufti @Mufti_Billal and Mufti @Mufti_Faraz_Adam, is there any impermissible element in this prospective job?

And what should I do?

Salaams

Wa alaykum salaam,

It depends on exactly what service and input you are having. If you are specifically developing applications and use cases for direct haram activity, then that would not be compliant.

If your input is generic and can be used in multiple ways, your income would be lawful as long as you are not intending to support unlawful activity.

Allah knows best