Working as an advisor in Economy

Salamwaleykum, May Allah reward you for your work.

My questions are divided into two. I work as an advisor in tax/economy (non muslim country). My job is to create balance sheets and tax declarations.

1. In my tax declarations after i calculated the amount of tax that my clients have to pay i also have to confirm the payments of riba that the government pays to my clients or the riba that my clients have to pay to the government. And i have to confirm it before the payment actually takes place, because i have to check the amount of the riba for my clients. Is is halal?

2. Furthermore part of my job is to create the balance sheet for my clients (Companys). In the balance sheets you see the assets and the liabillities. Parts of the liabilities are of course loans with riba. So my clients give me their loan contracts/plans and i have to calculate create a balance sheet based on that. Is it halal?

I can’t seperate 1 and 2 in my work. So if one is haram, do I have to quit my job? This is an addition to my question (Working as tax Consultant in non muslim Country), i am sorry i forgot to ask that part.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

Number 1 is problematic as my understanding is that you are ensuring that the correct amount of riba is being paid.

Based on this I would advice you to find another halal job.

However, until you actually find a suitable role that is relevant to you and your skills, you can continue with your current job, if you are in need of an income.

And Allah knows best!