Working as a Software Developer for a TPA that manages Health Insurance for insurers

Assalamo Aleikum @Mufti_Billal @Mufti_Faraz_Adam

I would like to know, if i can work as software developer for a TPA (Third Party Administrator) that manages Health Insurance for Insurers. A TPA is a middle man appointed by a health insurance company who facilitates settlement of a health insurance claim. TPAs help you (the insured) process your health insurance claim using various hospital bills and documents. However, they are not responsible for claims rejection or acceptance.

So my main role will be to Develop and Mantain a Software solution that enables insurers to accommodate all of their end-to-end processes, with the aim of ensuring assistance of insured members within the scope of the agreed services.

JazzakAllah in Advance for any advice you can offer.

Wa alaykum salaam,

Since you will be processing claims for services availed under the health insurance and not selling insurance processes, this role does not seem to be as problematic as other roles directly involved in the insurance process. Under this understanding, there would potentially be room to offer this service, but as always, steering clear of any conventional finance sector is always the best course of practice.