Assalamualaikum. I am now in my final year in computer science degree and I am interested in working in trading/investment firm as a quantintative analyst/researcher which makes mathematical model and predict how the market will behave. Is it truly allowed to work there?
Jazak Allahy Khairan
Wa alaykum salaam
Can you kindly provide more info on exactly what you will be doing or the main roles in bullet points?
This is the common job role
- Use a rigorous scientific method to develop sophisticated trading models and shape our insights into how the markets will behave
- Apply machine learning to a vast array of datasets
- Create and test complex investment ideas and partner with our engineers to test your hypotheses
- Join our reading circles to stay up to date on the latest research papers in your field
- Attend academic seminars to learn from thought leaders from top universities
- Share insights from conferences focused on statistics, machine learning, and data science
Hi Muhammad Ariq,
Hope all is well, brother.
Were you able to find an answer to your question? I want to work as a quantitative developer in the future, which still falls in line with what you do, but on development side of things.
I am unable to find a just answer; I really want to learn more about this field and hopefully work in it and in need of clarification.
If you have any insight please do share. Thank you for your time.
Kindly share your specific job description.