Working as a 3rd party recruiter to bring applicants for Companies like Amazon, FedEx, etc

I do freelancing for a US-based recruiting company from Bangladesh. They work to recruit staff for various mainstream US companies.
I am paid on a commission basis, which is the number of people who signup as an applicant for the job from my link. I have the freedom to choose which company I advertise for or bring applicants for. So, I do not bring any applicant for any Riba-based institution (Such as bank or insurance) and therefore, I do no earn from them. I also earn by hiring for tech companies or health companies, which I do not have any confusion about. Now, The majority of my earning comes from hiring warehouse workers for the following companies:
(Amazon, Shipt, FedEx, Martin Brower)
As you know, these companies sell all items of daily use from food to groceries. From a general understanding, there are haram products in these super shops. It is not certain what percentage of haram products exist in these stores, but it’s most likely to be around 10% or less. And, most of the people who buy the haram products are kafirs, and haram products are usually bought by kafirs. However, Muslims also shop from those stores and they also work as salesman or warehouse workers in these stores. It should also be noted that some Islamic scholars (of the Hanafi school) did not term the working of salesman/warehouse workers in such companies as Haram. Because most of the total income does not come from haram.
Now,

1. Would it be permissible to earn money by helping in hiring warehouse workers for this type of organization? (Amazon, Shipt, FedEx, Martin Brower)
  2. Would it be permissible to earn money by helping in hiring deliverymen for Ubereats or cashier/server for restaurants who do not sell halal meats & might sell alcohol as well? (Note: Sometimes it cannot be sure from the internet information about whether or not a company operates fully in Halal product)

Jazakallahu Khairan.

Link for four similar fatwas I found on the internet:

1. https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/103003
  2. http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/37185
  1. https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/31828
  2. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/146801/working-for-mail-companies-that-transport-parcels-that-may-be-both-permissible-and-haraam

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

I have not red your question fully yet. Neither I have checked the links you posted. But just of curiosity, is there anything lacking from these fatwas that you did not find an answer? :slightly_smiling_face:

Kind regards

Yes, Respected Mufti,
These fatwas don’t provide the exact answer to my question. As I don’t have an exact answer, I am not sure whether I should do it or not.
These fatwas tell whether or not working on those posts is allowed and there are different regarding that. But, my question is working as a recruiter(Bringing job applicants) for those posts is allowed or not.

So, I didn’t find an answer because:

1. I cannot derive a Fatwa from another Fatwa. Because In Islamic Fiqh (As far as I have known/heard), only Mufti (i. e Scholars with Ijazah for issuing fatawa) can do that.
  2. There is a difference of opinion in the Fatawas I mentioned as well. So, I would like to know yours opinion and IFG"s opinion on this.
    Jazakallahu Khairan

@Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam Respected Muftis, Assalamu Alaykum. I am eagerly waiting to know the opinion of both of you on this question.
Jazakallahu Khairan

Barakallah fik

In that case, I am sure you will not mind if I don’t read them if its not connected to your question :slight_smile:

There is not issues to act as a 3rd party recruiter for the companies you have mentioned.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like

Not at All, Respected Mufti. I included the links in case someone wishes to see related fatwas to this question. It’s not required for you!

Jazakallahu Khairan for the answer. My tension has been resolved as I do this work.
May Allah increase you in the knowledge!

1 Like

@Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam Assalamu Alaykum. I would like to know if I can work as 3rd party recruiter to bring applicants for these Companies: Doordash, Ubereats, Sodexo, MCI Careers.
Note: You might be thinking about why I am asking this question again. As we work from an open dashboard, the companies available in the dashboard keep changing. So, I need to if it is permissible to bring applicants for these companies. Let me If I need to provide short details of these companies. Just to know, the job that we posts are Delivery persons(Doordash, Ubereats, Sodexo), and Customer Service Representative(MCI Careers)

@Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam Respected Muftis, Assalamu Alaykum.
Let me know if I can act as 3rd party recruiter to bring applicants for these Companies as well: Doordash, Ubereats, Sodexo, MCI Careers.
Jazakallahu Khairan

Unfortunately, we cannot review every single company in details.
My suggestion is that you rephrase your question and instead of listing companies by names, list them by the sector and service they provide. For example Uber Eats service is based on ordering and delivering food.
Once you give us this list, we can then try giving you a generic answer which will help to make the assessment by yourself as to whether it is halal to recruit for x company or not.

Assalamu Alaykum, Shaykh @Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam.
It took me a while to compile the lists. Here is a list of top companies and what we hire for them. As told before, we act as 3rd party recruiter to provide them with applicants. Please let me know if it is halal(lawful)/jayez(permissible) to hire for the companies below:

Company Listing
Sector We Hire For Them Company Name Their Service
Warehouse Management Amazon Largest E-Commerce Company
Warehouse Management Martin Brower Logistic Service Provider For Restaurants
Warehouse Management KOHLS Department Store Retail Chain
Warehouse Management Walmart Multinational retail corporation operating a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores
Warehouse Management FedEx Ground PH US Shipping service that delivers to businesses inside and abroad
Labour Management WestRock Packaging Company
Labour Management International Paper Pulp and paper company
Customer Service/Maintenance CarMax Largest used-car Retailer Company
Delivery & Courier DoorDash Online food ordering and food delivery platform.
Delivery & Courier Caviar Online food ordering and food delivery platform.
Delivery & Courier Uber Eats Online food ordering and food delivery platform.
Delivery & Courier Lyft Ridesharing and Food Delivery Company
Delivery & Courier Shipt Delivery Service From Local Stores. (Mostly Groceries, but can be other items)
Delivery & Courier Instacart Grocery Delivery Service Provider
Warehouse Management Dollar General American Chain of Variety Stores
Production Worker National Beef Packing Co., LLC America’s premier beef company that produces fresh, chilled and processed beef products
Labour Management Intertape Polymer Group Packaging products and systems company
Labour Management Eaton Power Management Company
Customer Service/Maintenance Unifirst Uniform Supplier Company
Engineer & Administration Konica Minolta Technology Company providing all sorts of IT services
Warehouse Management HelloFresh Largest meal-kit provider in the United States

***I didn’t mention any financial company because I think it’s by default questionable or Haram. I didn’t mention any Healthcare company because I think it’s Halal to hire for them. Let me know if my thinking is correct **

@Mufti_Billal Respected Mufti, Assalamu Alaykum.
I have provided the list. I would be greatly benefitted if you would let me know the answer.
Jazakallahu Khairan

@Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam
I am still waiting for an answer.
Jazakallahu Khairan.

Wasalam

I don’t see any issues with any of these companies from the list.

Yes, avoid recruiting for financial and insurance services.

And Allah knows best!

yes you are right . I am also working in delhivery courier company .This is best tracking company