Trying to escape jobs in banking sector

I have been working as an IT project coordinator previously for more than 2 years in the anti-money laundering unit of an American bank. In this role, all I did was arrange meetings, ensure project managers keep their systems updated, to prevent the bank from getting fined. I left it to pursue another banking job as an IT project manager dealing with providing information on riba investment deals on a dashboard. However, I got retrenched during this pandemic and found out that working in banks isn’t ideal for muslims.

After a year of searching for a non-riba based job during this pandemic, I have not had any success. I have managed to delay my housing mortgage payment but my mortgage is mounting and now my ex-boss from the American bank is calling me back to work at a higher salary. I’m in a conundrum as to whether to go back or not.

Some people have advised me that as a matter of survival, I have to take it, but my heart is not giving me peace with making this decision.

I’m also not sure if the rizq I get from this job can be used for long term halal investment, following your advise from this website.