$TIME wonderland staking halal or haram?

Salam,
Is staking $time from wonderland halal?
I’m interested to know if this method is halal

This is some of Its information:

The main benefit for stakers comes from supply growth. The protocol mints new TIME tokens from the treasury, the majority of which are distributed to the stakers. Thus, the gain for stakers will come from their auto-compounding balances, though price exposure remains an important consideration. That is, if the increase in token balance outpaces the potential drop in price (due to inflation), stakers would make a profit.

The main benefit for minters comes from price consistency. Minters commit a capital upfront and are promised a fixed return at a set point in time; that return is given in TIME tokens and thus the minter’s profit would depend on TIME price when the minted TIME matures. Taking this into consideration, minters benefit from a rising or static price for the TIME token!

There are two main strategies for market participants: staking and minting. Stakers stake their TIME tokens in return for more TIME tokens, while minters provide LP tokens or MIM tokens in exchange for discounted TIME tokens after a fixed vesting period.

2 Likes

Salam brother i have the same question honestly, in this vast game of crypto; it is becoming very alarming the risks of Riba. which is becoming so popular for profit. May i ask is Strongcoin halal?

I apoligize in advance for asking you a question to a question, but hopefully this thread will drive more attention it needs it

I’m also very interested! I’ve been scanning the internet for days to understand how it works to see if it’s halal or not, but since finance is not my field I would love to hear your thoughts! :pray:t3:

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
i want ask about 2 project if is halal or not
1- https://leserve.finance/
2-https://romedao.finance/
please advice and jazak allah

The mint with discount is almost similar to bonds. That’s why I saw this as Haram. I understand the unbelievable gains are mind blowing. Al Hamdulil Allah for Islam that makes us think twice before going blindly for anything. Wish you get better gains somewhere halal Inshaa Allah and more gains in Akhera.

Similar to wonderland are all other forks to Olympus Dao. I am not a mufti but the bonds (discounts) are based on lending companies money with interest and that’s exactly what mints here stands for.

Best of luck.

Also interested in this question. Specifically for staking Wonderland ($TIME) or Olympus DAO ($OHM).

StrongBlock ($STRONG) also I am curious about, but it seems this is less controversial.

What are bonds in simple terms?

In simple terms, a bond is loan from an investor to a borrower such as a company or government. The borrower uses the money to fund its operations, and the investor receives interest on the investment. The market value of a bond can change over time. … If stock markets plummet, bonds can help cushion the blow.

Hi I’m no expert in both finance or islamic knowledge, but if u mint $9500 $TIME for $9000 and $TIME goes to $4000, how can that help cushion the blow?

As for the discount, they are based on you providing liquidity pool tokens right?