Taking payment from delivery company

Assalamu alaikum.
I use service of some product delivery companies. I registered as a merchant in their website. They pick the parcel from me and deliver it to the customer and the customer gives payment to the delivery guy. And later the delivery company transfer the money to my bank account. To do the delivery the company has a predefined charge. And to take the payment from the customer and to transfer it to my account the deduct 1% as charge from the total payment that they collects from the customer.
Like, if the delivery boy collects 2000 BdT (bangladeshi taka) from the customer then the delivery company deducts the delivery fee and 1% of this 2000 bdt taht is 20 BdT and send the later amount to my account.
Till this there is no issue.
but sometimes it happens that, the total collection is a fraction value. Like 2280 BdT. And in that case the total charge is delivery fee + 22.8 (as a fee to transfer the cash). Now in such case they deducts 23 bdt as a fee instead of 22.8 bdt. Again, suppose total money to collect from customer is 2240 BdT. In that case money transfer fee is 22.4 (22 taka and 40 paisa). But in such cases (when the paisa is less than 50 paisa) they deducts 22 instead of 22.4. They do so to ease their calculation. Is this extra paisa they give me instead of deducting as fee (or vice versa) is it interest?

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
The extra 40 paisa given to you is not interest.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. That is the extra paisa they give me or they deducts from my payment both of them are NOT interest.

My understanding is that the fee they deduct from your money is for the delivery service and the transfer of fund service. Both are fine.

And Allah know best!

ok thanks. As sometimes some extra paisa (like if the charge is 23.85 bdt then they deducts 24 bdt, if the charge is 23.4 then they deducts 23 bdt) is given to me (or deducted from me) than the exactly real value, so I got anxious about it.