Start up Buisness - Products , pricing and marketing

Assalamu alaikum,

I’m interested in starting an online business In Shaa Allah, are there any religious rulings I need to know /follow concerning selling such as pricing? Any fiqh that is essential for me to know in terms of buying and selling before I start.Thought I will check before I simply just set it up and sell based on what I thought was reasonable.

Also is it okay for me to use non-muslim/ Muslim bloggers for marketing .i.e sending them the products as gifts for promotion? And is there any issues concerning selling on Etsy or such like.

Not sure if this might change anything but my business is mainly a jewelry brand to start off, custom /hand made gold plated, sterling silver jewelry.

Sorry not sure if I’m asking my question in the right place.

Jazakum Allah Khair

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

1. Are you making the jewelries yourself or are you ordering them from a manufacturer?

2. There is nothing wrong with non-Muslims/Muslims bloggers doing the marketing of the products, as longer they are providing with the right information about the products.

3. From what I have seen, I believe there is nothing wrong with trading on Etsy.

And Allah knows best!

Asalaamu alaykum ,

Jazak Allah khair for your reply.

1. I’m ordering different pieces from wholesalers and making my own pieces e.g ordering chains, pendants, etc and designing my own.

2.Sorry, what kind of information will I need to share . Is a precise description sufficient?

1. Etsy takes some fees - is that okay to deal with?

Asalaamu alaykum ,

Jazak Allah khair for your reply.

1. I’m ordering different pieces from wholesalers and making my own pieces e.g ordering chains, pendants, etc and designing my own.

2.Sorry, what kind of information will I need to share . Is a precise description sufficient?

1. Etsy takes some fees - is that okay to deal with?