Sales job associated with banks and loans

Aoa.
I hope all is well.

My question basically is related to APR. If someone is working in a company who has nothing to do with it nor does their employees but still it is related to APR in a way that whenever customer tries to buy somethings he/she prefers to finance the product due to very high price (0.05-0.2 M$)and the sales person is left with no other option of showing the finance options.

Let us consider an example to understand it in a better way what I am trying to say.

A Solar Installation Company based in US is offering solar installation services to the residential customers and 90 % of the people prefer to finance the project.

There are different banks associated with the solar installation company and the Salesperson (Energy Consultant-Electrical Engineer) shows him the loan options.

Client picks one of them and wants to proceed.

The process is like, the Energy Consultant first of all send him the Solar Agreement to sign and after signing it he send him the loan application. Once client fills the loan application, Energy Consultant sends him the loan documents by clicking one button which says that share the loan agreement with client.

Client signs the loan agreement and his project starts implementing. Once the project got completed bank releases the cash amount of that project to the solar installation company.

I have two questions.

Solar installation company gives pay from the amount he got from the bank but it should be noticed that bank always give cash amount of the project to the company and he starts dealing with the client from first payment to last.

Is the pay coming from such a source is halal or haram.

My second question is the Energy Consultant who is graduated in Electrical and his job is to provide consultation on solar to the clients but he also reflects the different loan options to the client so where does he stands from halal and haram point of view.

The loan provider is bank but he is reflecting their options so it can be considered as halal or its completely prohibited.

Kindly note that company is based in US and all clients are non-muslims. By chance if some muslim came then as expected then dint even look for loan and if they do they dont look for APR options.

Just to summarise my question.

A salesperson standing at the Toyota showroom and a client came and he guides him in the best way but client cannot pay upfront so he reflects him the loan options. Client finally go with the bank but it directly benefits the salesperson as it is considered as his deal and bank pays the cash amount to the showroom owner and owner pays from that money to the sales person.

I believe my question is pretty much simple and dont know why I have written such a long story and I would really appreciate if I can get an appropriate answer to it and I am always available to elaborate it in the real time if it is required.

JazakAllah Khair.

1 Like

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

My understanding is that the salesman in the Toyota showroom is trying to sell cars. However, part of the duty he has to fulfil, is to offer customers the possibility of taking an interest based finance if they are unable to pay upfront for the car.
The job itself is halal as he is merely selling cars. But the duty of guiding the customers towards an interest based loan is impermissible.
As much as possible one should avoid taking up this sort of job. Although, I am aware it is not easy to always find a suitable halal employment, especially when there is a global economic crisis.
If you are in need of this job, then carry on until you find a more suitable one. Ask God for forgiveness and for Him to bring you a source of income which is purely halal. If every month, or from time to time, you can also afford to give away an amount of money from your wage in sadaqah as a mean of purifying your wealth, then it would be even better.

And Allah knows best!