My question is about working as an employee in an organization whose business resembles dropshipping.
In this regards, I have gone through the Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPN8r0nLZxM and also the IFG post Fatwa: Is Dropshipping/Drop Servicing Halal?
I still have some confusions so I am posting them in this thread.
The business model of the specific organization is as follows:
- The organization catalogs a range of items on their website, from mobile phones to motorbikes to clothing.
- All the items are clearly described, with model, brand, pictures, description, etc.
- Shipments are made by the organization itself, and the delivery receipt is also issued in the organization’s name.
- The organization website contains policies for quality assurance and faulty product replacement. It also mentions a ‘money-back’ clause in case the product is not available at the manufacturer’s end after order placement.
- The organization accepts both pre-payment and after-delivery payment, with refund option for problematic product allowed in both cases. I am under the impression that in a Salam Sale the buyer has to pay in full beforehand. So is after-delivery payment an issue here?
- The delivery date is ambiguously defined … like 2-3 business days within the same city, and 5-7 business days otherwise. Is it necessary to put a concrete date of delivery?
Thanks and regards
Shoeb Muhammad Moniruzzaman