Purifying capital gains

Asalam alykum,

Is it sufficient to just donate 10% of realised gains instead of doing the research the find out exactly how much you should give to purify?

Say if I have 2 profitable trades in a day and 1 losing trade but the losing trade is more than the 2 wins combined, in this case is it right to say I don’t purify the 2 profitable trades as I am now down money of the losing trade.

Lastly, say I have only just starting purifying gains, is it sufficient to just take 10% of my overall profit/loss so far and donate it? And then 10% of any withdrawals I’ve made?

Jazak Allah khair

@Mufti_Faraz_Adam

Apologies for tagging you, it’s just been a few days without an answer.

Also I’d like to add wouldn’t it make more sense to only purify capital gains if you’ve held shares for longer than say, 1 month as that would indicate upon selling the profit made has likely been affected by the companies dealing etc. If I buy and sell in a day or swing trade that is going to mainly be due to other factors.

Jazak Allah khair

@Mufti_Faraz_Adam

Again I apologies for tagging.

@Mufti_Billal

Apologies for tagging I just haven’t had an answer yet.

Jazak Allah khair

Assalaamu alaykum,

Kindly see the answer in link

Jazak Allah khair but this doesn’t answer my questions, I’d like to piurify but I don’t know how to go about it, so if you could please go back to the first message in this thread and answer the questions it would be very much appreciated. @Mufti_Faraz_Adam @Mufti_Billal