Premium bonds enquiry

Slms I have learnt premium bonds are haram. I hold a large amount in my name for a member of the family. It is not my money and the winning will be not mine and the person I hold for knows it’s is sin but says they want to keep it and confirm the sin will
Not be mine. I want to ask as this person is done niyah of full responsibility do I still get sin. If I take money out and gv it bak to the Person who owns it it will cause family friction.
Pls advise. To confirm money Is that persons and winning Is that persons. My name is only being used as holder as the person trusts me with their money

Wa Alaykum Salaam brother,

We commend you on your realisation and desire to move out of a non-Shariah compliant investment.

It is understandable that it will cause family friction, but to continue with the investment is not doing you or your family any good in the long-term. These investments are a spiritual disaster and bring the displeasure of Allah.

Try your best to make your family understand and do everything in your capacity to withdraw yourself in the very least from your involvement. Be as tactful and considerate of your family relations as possible and make it clear that you just don’t want to displease Allah.

The following Hadith is very powerful in your circumstance as a reminder:

“Whoever sought the pleasure of Allah though it was displeasing to the people then Allah becomes pleased with him, and will make the people please with him, and whoever sought the pleasure of the people though it was displeasing to Allah then Allah becomes displeased with him and will make the people displeased with him.” (Ibn Hibban/ Tirmidhi)

Allah knows best

Jazakallah for the Hadith reference. I have decided to take the money out ia. This will cause friction and upset in the family but am I right to say ia I won’t be sinful for this friction as I am doing what is right by Allah. Jazakallah Khair for your input/ advise