Nafaqah Financial support

Hello,

If a Man has been providing for his family for years and due to some problems he does not earn anymore which leads them to live off rents. In this case, If the Man meets with an accident (Brain Hemorrhage) and is unable to respond/reply for an year. During this time in order to provide for childrens education the Wife sells her only source of security (Land belonging to her parents and Jewelry that she inherited.) To pay for childrens education. After a short while the husband sells the House for a huge amount of money to buy a new one, is the husband obligated to return the part of the money that the wife invested in his absence back to her?

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
This matter is best dealt with within family with senior people or senior scholars.

But if I was to express my opinion only, I would say he is not responsible to reimburse her, as during the time he was unable to earn, he would not have been accountable for supporting the family. Instead, the obligation would have been passed on to the wife to support the children.

And Allah knows best!