Monetize Youtube channel?

Assalamu Walykum,

Anyone who’s reading this, I hope it finds you well.

I wanted to know, can I earn advertising revenue from Youtube and other online platforms for my digital content, in other words, can I monetize my youtube channel?

Thank you

Wasalam

May Allah bless you,
Yes you can as longer as the content in the adverts is halal.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like

Asalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatu Mufti Bilal,

I was hoping to get a little more detail about this. I think with youtube ads, the channel holder can choose to restrict ads for things such as alcohol or gambling, but they obviously can’t control if the ad has music, or if there is inappropriately dressed women in it, and other such things.

Another thing that can also be considered is, the ads that show up on your videos are a culmination of the type of channel you have AND the habits and interests of the viewer.

In this case, if a person chooses to not allow ads about alcohol and gambling and whatever else haram things youtube allows him to restrict, would the income from these ads be halal or haram?

JazakAllahu khairan shaykh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Assalamu Walykum,

Specifically talking about youtube, other than the filtering of obvious categories e.g gambling, you can’t control the ads shown.

In this context, can I monetize or not?

Thank you.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

My current position on Youtube posted adverts is that, if you cannot control the contents fully, and you are sure that there will be haram elements being shown, then one should not try to make money out of it.

And Allah knows best!