Management account at a hotel and spa which serves alcochol and haraam food

Salaams mufti sb, hope you are In the best of health - I have a query in regards to my income being permissible or not. Recently I took on a trainee accountant job linked with management accounting at a local hotel and spa. The hotel and spa serves alcohol and haraam food as well as halal food and soft drinks - I deal with putting the invoices onto the system ensuring the payments are made from the company to the consumers. Also in the near future I think I will have to produce reports which will show which areas of the hotel is bringing the most income for e.g the food or alcohol or the rooms etc. Is this type of income halal and am I assisting in sin? Barakallahu feekum

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
Can you elaborate on how you are dealing with the invoices and whose payments are you exactly processing?

Kind regards

Ameen, I am uploading the invoices onto Sage for the hotel, batching the invoice as well as batching supplier payments. I am processing the hotel’s payments for the stock they purchase from different suppliers which includes majority of the stock being of halal; also a portions of haraam with the alcohol and food. Jazakallahu khairun.

Wasalam

I believe that it is best to avoid such role, since you are directly responsible in processing the payments for haram stock.
However, do not leave your job. Get as much experience as needed and look for something more suitable as soon as it is convenient. You do not need to purify your income either which is halal.

And Allah knows best!

Salaams, Barakallahu feek mufti sb, would I not be required to purify my wealth even though there is mixed wealth due to the alcohol and haraam food being served. However majority of the hotels revenue is from halal sources. Jazakallah.

No you don’t need to purify your wealth. When you receive a wage, you need to ensure that the employer’s source of revenue is completely or mostly from halal.
This is not the same principle as investment where one must purify their wealth if some of their investment is from haram sources.

And Allah knows best!