Is working on funds and mutal fund’s company halal?

i have some questions regarding to the data analyst position. I am being offered a data analyst position in a bank where they provide services like mutual funds, asset management, insurance schemes. Being a data analyst i am being told that ill will be working on the financial information on both types of clients islamic and conventional. So as I won’t have any decisions making authority but to analyze data and visualize it.

Is this job halal for me ?

May Allah bless you.

There are two angles to your question:

1. working for a bank: some scholars argue that working for a conventional bank is impermissible irrespective to the fact that the role is halal or not. Whilst other scholars argue that if the role is halal, then you can work for a conventional bank.

2. working as a data analyst: if your duties is assisting people in decision making that involves haram activities, then it is not permissible to work in such position. For example, if you are making recommendation and giving advice based on the data that you have analysed, which then leads people to investing in haram strategies.

And Allah knows best!

Thankyou.
Helped me a lot