Is working for the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) halal?

Assalamualaykum,

I am currently in the process of interviewing for the corporate strategy team at the London Stock Exchange. The role predominately sits in helping the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer define the long term strategic objectives for the group and mainly affects the division that sells financial data software (similar to Bloomberg) - how to change pricing, what new markets to enter etc. I am slightly worried as part of the revenue of LSEG is fees for listing securities which some could be haram stocks or Bonds as well as providing post trade services for those haram securities.

I have been told by the corporate strategy team that the vast majority of the strategy work sits within the halal function of the financial data software; yet i am a bit concerned about the remit of my role for the other haram divisions and the overall aim of the organisation.

Your advice here would be sincerely appreciated.

May Allah bless and reward you for your help.

Jazakallahu Khayran

Wa alaykum salaam,

It depends on the core function of your role. If your role revolves around halal services, then your income would be Halal. If you role involves unlawful services, then the role should be avoided.

Allah knows best