Is working for a credit rating agency halal?

Is it halal to work as an analyst / project manager helping to deliver operations and tech projects in a team focused in the area of climate risk and sustainability. Other areas of the company (Moodys Corp) operations are as an analytics/ credit reference agency for haram interest-bearing products, bonds etc.

The specific role is within Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS) - one business unit of Moody’s Corporation serving the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights.

The group leverages Moody’s data and expertise across ESG, climate risk, and sustainable finance, and aligns with Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) and Moody’s Analytics (MA) to deliver a comprehensive, integrated suite of ESG and climate risk solutions including ESG scores, analytics, Sustainability Ratings and Sustainable Finance Reviewer/certifier services.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

Credit rating is not an impermissible activity in my opinion. Because it only tells you about the creditworthiness of a person or company.
However, if you were to be directly involved in the decision making process of an interest based transaction, then this would be different.
If you have more information about your role, then please do mention it.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like

Dear Sir, Is it ok to work in S&P global company as a Finance Manager, sinve this company sells data to banks and investors

What is your role as a finance manager?

Assalamualaikum
Im also Working in credit rating agency my job role is capturing data. i.e Placing all final accounts of the client who wants to rate it self in the software. But my question is the organisation which I’m working it basically deal with only Bank loan rating,bonds, Bank Guarantee
Letter of Credit,Industry / Company Research
Risk Management Services
Training etc. So is it permissible to work here and what about the income which I earn from here.