Is working for a company whose clients are insurances/banks/army but not only, halal?

May the peace be upon you dear brothers and sisters,

I am looking for a job, and I’m interested in a company (let’s call it company C) which provides the service of labelling data. It means the clients of this company are entreprises which have data (financial data for example) and want to label the data (in a way, it means building more data on top of the already-existing data) so that client companies can work better with their data in their algorithms.

The first problem I see is that as of now, a substantial part (maybe the half?) of the client companies of C are banks and there is also the military. So, providing service to these companies would imply helping them (banks/military) develop tools for conventional banking (which is not halal), etc. which is not OK

The things is these are not the only clients the company has. There are also food suppliers, energy groups, etc. And only Allah knows who the clients will be tomorrow (it can be any company which wants to label data, theoretically it can be any company in any field). Maybe tomorrow the list of fields the client companies of C belong to will be more diversified.

My fear is also that if I work with this company C, I could be assigned to a project where I work exclusively for a bank product. So I fear that the money I earn is haram and my du’as are not accepted then.

So, given the odds, would it be halal/haram/advised/not recommended to work in such a company? What would you give as advice? The main thing that makes me doubt is that in itself, the service they provide is not haram, but it could be used to serve non-ethical projects.

@Mufti_Billal @Mufti_Faraz_Adam thanks a lot, a may Allah The Most Powerful and Generous bless you

Assalamo Aleikum @french_fry .

I would be good to know if you got an answer from this?

JazakAllah

Salam aleykoum, yes thank you

I got to think that if it can be avoided it’s good, but if there are no other job opportunities it can be a temporary solution