Is working as a software developer in a company that provides options and CFDS halal?

Assalamualaikum everyone,

It has been bothering me for a while, but is working in a company that offers options, CFDs and synthetic indices halal? Going in to this field, I did not know the exact workings of these financial instruments but after a few years working, I understood most of this and did my research and came to the conclusion that most of these instruments are impermissible.

I work on the front facing web of this platform as a software developer. I build the user interface for their app. The whole code is however open sourced.

Is it permissible for me to continue working with them? It is currently pretty difficult for me to get another job that pays as decent as this one (given the current economy and me being in a developing country). What should I do? Need advice.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

If you are working for a company that provides haram products and you helping customers accessing these products, then you should look for another halal job. However, as you have said that it is difficult to find another job, just carry on doing what you are doing now, and look for a halal alternative.

And Allah knows best!

Jazakallah @Mufti_Billal
Thank you for the clarification. I will work towards getting a halal job.