Is this sukuk halal? (Franklin Global Sukuk Fund)

Salam alaikum was rahmatullahi was barakatuh,

Question 1: (https://www.franklintempleton.lu/investor/products/portfolio/16214/BB/franklin-global-sukuk-fund)
Is this sukuk halal?
Where can I get its shariah-compliant certificate?
It says “fixed income” when you click on this link, so is it halal?

Question 2: I think I have this thought that “what if this Sukuk is haram or the way the issuer uses it in the haram way, and it also issues a shariah-compliant certificate?”. Like, can they do this evil act? Is it possible?

Question 3: Should I COMPLETELY rely on the shariah-compliant certificate and not do due diligence, like contacting the issuer, asking about its (Sukuk) usage, etc.? Will Allah question me about this on day of judgement or will Allah question the shariah-compliant certificate issuer or the mufti??

And I am really sorry for my weird questions.
Jazak Allah khair! :slight_smile:

May Allah reward us all the highest level of paradise.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
We cannot tell you if it is halal or not, as we wouldn’t have the right information to make a decision about it.
The best thing would be to contact the company directly, and ask them for a certificate, or to speak to the scholars who certified it as halal.
If somebody creates a fraudulent halal certificate then the sin is upon them, and not you, as you have been genuinely deceived.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like

Jazak Allah khair for your answer!

May Allah bless you too.

So, can I invest through wahed invest and just COMPLETELY depend upon them in terms of halalness? Like, will they contact the company directly, and ask them for a certificate, or to speak to the scholars who certified it as halal.?

Yes you can contact them directly and ask for a certificate or ask to speak to their scholars.

One thing is fatwa and one thing is taqwa. So if your taqwa tells you to go beyond then it is good machallah. For example, some people are so consistent in their taqwa that they do not look at fatwas and chose not to invest anywhere. They are so consistent in their taqwa that they do not eat meat unless they slaughter themselves. For example when they go to hajj or umrah they will not eat in any restaurants as lot of the meat are imported from Brazil for example. As it would be difficult to trace how a chicken was slaughtered even if there is a certification in place. We cannot criticise these sort of people who are taqwa conscious. Taqwa takes a person beyond halal in their actions. They are consistent in the mustahabats etc. It is difficult to explain in details and it is not the platform to discuss this sort of topic, but I hope you understand the explanation inshaAllah.

And Allah knows best!

2 Likes

Mash Allah what an answer!!! Jazak Allah khair for your answer!!! :slight_smile:

I think you didn’t answer this question because I also mentioned wahed invest. I think i don’t see the answer to it. If you did, then please forgive me.

Like, can I invest through wahed invest and forget about my halalness, since, i think, they will manage it?

Jazak Allah khair!

The fatwa is their certification. The taqwa is your decision.

And Allah knows best!

Jazak Allah khair for your answer!!! But, can I invest through WAHED INVEST and forget about my halalness, since, I think, they will manage it and see the certification?

Second question, what if they don’t regularly see the certification?

I am not sure why you want to forget about your halalness. Secondly what does investing in Wahed has to do with forgetting one’s halalness?

I mean, they “revolutionize halal investing” as they say i think. They specialize in it i think. I think @Mufti_Faraz_Adam is their shariah advisor. That’s why.

I believe, a solution for your peace of mind would be to apply consistency. For example, if you slaughter your own meat, or you chose to witness that it is slaughtered according to shariah, instead of relying on certification, then you should do the same for investment.

1 Like

Jazak Allah khair for your answer and I am really sorry to disturb you.

May Allah reward us all the highest level of paradise.

1 Like