Is my role haram?

Assalaamu 'alaikum,
Currently I work in Technology industry as an Analyst at the bank. My role involves building an application for the bank to onboard clients for foreign exchange transactions.
Is my work considered haram? Would like to hear feedback.

Thank you very much

Assalaamu alaykum,

Kindly see this answer:

Regards

1 Like

Sorry Mufti but this logic doesn’t make sense. As by this understanding does this mean it is ok for me to be an accountant for a drug (marijuana) company. Or an accountant for a brothel in countries (such as Holland) where these businesses are considered legal?

Since it’s doing halal work in and for a haraam organisation who’s main and principle business is haraam.

Wa alaykum salaam,

Kindly watch the below discussion, you will understand the matter more holistically after watching.

Ubereats delivers halal, non-halal and vegetarian food. I have 2 questions,

1. is it halal to invest in Uber (which is also the owner of UberEats)? (it seems according to Zoya it’s halal, not even questionable)
  2. is it halal to work as a driver with uber eats?

or is it considered helping someone in sin?

Assalaamu alaykum,

1. Uber do not make the food, their core service is delivery. Delivery in and of itself is permissible.

2. It is permissible to work at Uber Eats.

Allah knows best

1 Like

Is it fair to also assume that if I have a shop, its halal to rent it to a restaurant that may sell pork or alcohol? (because I heard that is haram) if it is haram, what is the difference between ubereats or uber and renting a shop to a restaurant that sells pork and alcohol?

your answer would be extremely helpful

Jazaka allahu khayran

Assalaamu alaykum brother,

There are two views on this.

1. The AAOIFI Sharia Standards state that the services of your tenant should be Shariah compliant.

2. There are a number of scholars in the West who deem it permissible (although not advisable) to have a tenant who sells pork or alcohol.

Allah knows best