Is my Job Halal? Software Developer at Government Student Loan branch

I used to work in the tech branch of the government ministry that handles the submission and processing of Student Loan Applications part of which can be Interest Bearing under certain conditions. I have basically contributed to the software in all areas of the application form and processing up to the issuance of payment. However, my branch or my work is totally not involved in calculating interest/collecting money once it has been released as that is a totally different national agency that handles it.

Secondly, the application is also the only way for students to access Education Grants from the government which is not a loan and is not required to be returned in any scenario and every student has the option to only accept the grants and deny the loan.

Last few years I have tried to be a better Muslim and started to have severe doubts about the permissibility of my work so I transferred to a different Ministry, was my previous work halal or is it something I should seek continuing repentance for?