Is it okay to work for a wealth management company

Asslam o Alaikum,

I have a question on working for a wealth management company.

I have a job offer from a Wealth Management company to work in their IT department as a Software Engineer. I would like to know if this is something i should avoid?

Jazak Allah
Steve Dyson

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

Please provide description of your role.

Kind regards

Jazak Allah for your response brother Billal.

I will be working on a CRM system as a Software Developer. CRM system will pull client’s funding information from different resources within the company and display them on the web.

-Steve

As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu @Mufti_Billal @Mufti_Faraz_Adam, I also have a similar question, I work for a company as a software engineer that assigned me to an wealth tracking application known as Exirio, which basically allows you to track your wealth, you track whatever you want like stocks, crypto, bank accounts, these stocks/cryptos/accounts may or may not really be in your possession but you can create a position in the app where you might have bought 10 stocks of TSLA, but in reality you might not have them.
I basically think of it as a knife like tool you can do good with it or bad with it but I wanted to know from your understanding and expertise if working for such project is Halal or Haram.

Wealth management companies can advice on interest bearing investments, so working for them is so no ideal in the first place. Secondly, in regards to working as a software developer, it all depends on how your role is assisting in performing or supporting non shariah compliant activities. If there is a direct form of assistance then the role will not be permissible.

And Allah knows best!