Is it Halal to invest in the Tech 100 US index? Seeking clarification on Islamic investment principles

Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters,

I hope you are all doing well. I have a question regarding Islamic finance and investment principles, and I’m seeking some guidance from the knowledgeable members of this forum.

Recently, I came across the Tech 100 US Index, which includes major technology companies listed on US stock exchanges. While I understand that technology is a rapidly growing and innovative sector, I wanted to inquire about the permissibility (halal status) of investing in this index from an Islamic perspective.

As we know, Islamic finance follows specific guidelines, and it is essential for us to adhere to Shariah principles in all our financial activities. With this in mind, I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the following points:

1. Does the Tech 100 US Index comply with Islamic principles?

2. Are there any specific companies within the index that might raise concerns due to their involvement in haram activities?

3. What are the key factors to consider when determining the halal status of investment options like the Tech 100 US Index?

Jazaka’Allah Khairan

1 Like

Assalamu’alaikum, I’m really in need of an answer.
I see that the ones who more qualified answer have are @Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam, but I would accept any, as long as they are Islamic and well sourced.
Jazaka’Allah Khairan.

1 Like