Is Islam suggest investing?

Assalamualykum.

I’m affording my life by working as an engineer. But my monthly salary is higher than the necessary things. What should I do with this money? What does Islam suggest? I can make a donation for this overplus money or I can spend that money to luxury life. Also, of course, I can invest too, but if I can affordable now, maybe I can affordable in the future too. Then in the future what should I do?

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

First of all what matters is to pay for what is compulsary upon you such as repayment of a debt, paying zakat etc.
Along this, it is imperative to spend your wealth in a shariah compliant manner.
If you have a surplus of money then it is recommended to save for your children for their future in this world, and to give some into charity for your own future in the Hearafter.

If you can do the above by investing your money in a shariah compliant manner then it is even better.

And yes you can also spend it on yourself for your own pleasure (cloths, travelling ect) as longer it is within the framework of shariah.

And Allah knows best!

2 Likes