Is ETH proof-of-work mining halal or haram?

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, I hope you are all in good health and increasing state of Iman.

I have seen a lot of responses online to buying and holding Ethereum tokens, there seems to be a widespread consensus that holding or trading and ETH is permissible. However, I’m unsure about how permissible mining ETH is using one’s computer for example. My concern comes from the fact that ETH has a number of DeFi protocols and smart contracts that are based on principles of interest, also haram NFTs could be sold on the network. Alternatively, the network is used for other technologies that don’t necessarily contain things that are outrightly prohibited like riba, it is a mixed bag of sorts.

For someone just buying the tokens, they are not directly involved in all these aspects unless they choose that. As a miner, on the other hand, your computer is finding blocks, validating transactions and improving security of the network. Basically, you have no way of filtering or knowing what types of transactions you are validating. I would like to get more insight into whether the possibility of one’s computer validating such haram transactions makes it impermissible in Islam for someone to be a miner on Ethereum or any similar network.

Jazakumullahu khairan