I work in an IT/medical billing company

Hello Everyone,

I work in an IT company that handles medical billing. Our company assists doctors based in the US in obtaining payments from insurance companies. We have developed software that serves as an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), which our doctor clients utilize.

My role lies within the finance department, where most of my work revolves around reporting and creating financial dashboards that highlight our company’s financial health.

In the bookkeeping side of our operation, we create invoices and send them to clients who use our software and also to the clients for whom we handle medical billing. Additionally, we apply “Finance Charges” to outstanding balances of non-paying clients, calculated based on a fixed percentage.

Although I do not create these “Finance Charges” as it falls outside my job description, there are instances where I may pick up calls from clients who want to pay their balance, and in those cases, I inform them of the outstanding balance inclusive of the “finance charges” and collect their CC details to process the payment.

Please advise if my job is permissible as per Islamic Law?

It’s important to note that I do not work in the medical billing department; they operate separately from my team.