Hired to develop a website for NFT raffles

Hello.
Due to unwell economy in my country, high unemployment rate and low opportunities. I had a hard time trying to find a career. Now I was finally hired by a foreign client for a remote job that includes developing a website and now i’m being part of a small team of 4 devs, web dev opportunities online are limited, and the market is saturated, so it wasn’t easy at all to find an opportunity. It took me so long and i can’t see alternatives for the moment. I’m unable to support myself and my family without a job.

I was given a 2-week test to develop a feature (an isolated part of the website) in order for them to decide whether I’m skilled enough, I wasn’t given an idea what the website I’ll be developing is about.

I’ve succeeded the test. and I was offered a long-term contract, which made me really happy because the pay is alright. I signed the contract.
Now it’s my first day being part of the team but after taking a look at the actual project i realized it’s a web3 NFT-based marketplace and it’s about raffles based on digital assets (bought using cryptocurrency).

Here’s how the website works:

• The website hosts a raffle for a specific NFT or collection of NFTs. People can enter the raffle by purchasing a raffle ticket on the site.

• Raffle tickets are typically purchased using cryptocurrency like Ethereum. The cost of a ticket will depend on the rarity and value of the NFT(s) being raffled but it is often a very low amount.

• As people purchase tickets, their entries are recorded on the blockchain.

• Once the raffle closing date/time is reached, a smart contract randomly selects the winning ticket holder. This selection process is automated and verifiable on the blockchain.

• The owner of the winning ticket is then awarded ownership of the raffled NFT. The NFT is transferred from the website/host to the new owner’s crypto wallet.

• Raffle websites take a small percentage of ticket sales as a fee for hosting the raffle. This provides a revenue stream for the site to continue operating more raffles.

• The raffle model allows people a chance to win valuable NFTs through a small investment, while websites monetize the process.

As you can see website is based on digital currencies (cryptocurrency). The website is still in development so the income from my contract won’t have anything with the raffles revenues.

My job is to work on tasks i get assigned by the team leader. which is developing a feature, creating a design, or fixing a bug. I do not partake in the gambling in any way.

The agreement was made and it’s too late for me cancel it, I didn’t know about nature of the website when I accepted.

I feel really guilty for working on a website that has a gambling/lottery nature. But at the same time this is my only option to make money. I really don’t have another. And not being an expert yet means finding an alternative is very hard. This job is my chance to improve, after that I can switch to a job that comply with sharia. and it will be not hard to find one after I gain experience from this one.

Please I need your opinion I also want to know whether the income from this job is halal? Is it okay for me to keep this job considering that i will be giving charity from my income?

Is the job even haram? because raffles participants will use virtual assets to pay (cryptocurrency), and the reward is also a digital asset (an NFT). Additionally, I won’t be the one creating and hosting raffle events. I won’t be even present when the website is published because it’s done developing.

Jazaka allahu khayan.