Halal Home Purchase Plan

Hi guys,

I am a first-time buyer and I’ve been struggling to find a mortgage that fits my needs mainly because I am looking for a Islamic/halal option. For a while now, I was hoping to find a company that can offer an easier path to get into the property ladder. I normally follow money bloggers and companies like Monzo and savings apps to get some ideas on how to save money and so on and that’s how I found StrideUp.

A blogger that I follow was commenting on their post, initially, I thought it was another money-saving app and then I realised it’s actually a startup that helps Islamic people to get into the property ladder. They offer a Home purchase plan which is like shared ownership. They buy the property together and you buy out their share by rent payment every month. Sounds very straightforward and easy, no wonder they have a list to sign up, you have to get into a queue to become an early customer. They are FCA regulated and seem very serious and professional.

*I’ve just signed up to the queue and they sent a welcome email saying they will let me know the next steps soon. I am excited because this is a new way of buying a home.

It would be great to hear what do you guys think!!