Earth 2.0 scam or not? Halal?

Salaam everyone,

Wanted to hear thoughts about earth 2.0 io ? I’m not sure whether it’s a scam or not appears to be some sort of game but it’s being used to make a lot of money. Can anyone verify:

1.) is it a scam?
2.) whether it’s halal given you buy tiles which appreciate in value (of a virtual earth)

Thank you

@Mufti_Faraz_Adam @Mufti_Billal @Mohsin_from_IFG @ibrahimkhan any thoughts?

I attach the link if anyone wants to check it out to see whether it’s legit/halal:

Anybody got any thoughts :slight_smile:

Wa alaykum salaam,

The utility of that platform is unclear. It just seems like a game which adds very little value if any to real life.

Thank you, yes I agree with your analysis it does seem immaterial and can’t see any social/intrinsic value. Financially speaking would it be impermissible to profit from such a game?

Thanks again,

I would abstain from profiting such a platform because Islam discourages us from profiting from something which hasvery little to no benefit.

Selam Aleykum,

as you said, it will be a game. Now, you can just buy the tiles and later, they will develop this project.
But what are the conditions to say that something has no benefit? Would that mean that it is haram to invest money in video game companies?

1 Like