Earnings from virtual games

Assalamualaykum. Would it be permissible for children/adults to play a game like this.
Please visit these link to get a better idea of what this game is about.

Please let me know If this game can be played as it doesn’t seem to promote in my opinion anything haram like violence, drugs murder etc.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
I looked at CropBytes which seems to be a very interesting game. It reminds me when I still had my empire of cities and armies on Grepolis ,:pensive:

I cannot say that CropBytes is impermissible, but I would not advice you to play such game. The reason is because, it is not exactly a game, rather it is a method of trading. Hence, you can earn cryptos on it and convert them to fiat money. The question would be, is the trades on such platform shariah compliant? It would need a detailed analysis of what exactly happens on there.

Kind regards

1 Like

Assalamualaykum dear Mufti May ALLAH BLESS YOU.

I’m not sure what You meant by this dear mufti

The question would be, is the trades on such platform shariah compliant? It would need a detailed analysis of what exactly happens on there.

The only thing that I see that may not be sharia compliant is
the cryptocurrency TRX that this game uses but other than that.

I don’t think that cropbytes would be non sharia compliant but again I’m a layman that is why I’m asking Here

Is it possible for you to provide a detailed analysis on what could be non sharia compliant in this game

**I’m more than happy to provide any additional resources that can help you determine whether this game is sharia compliant. **

Please tell me if there is something I should ask the game company about as they have a contact address as well

The link below has a video as well to help you get a detailed view of the game InshaAllah
Links that may be helpful

Wassalam

Wasalam

For me the game in itself is fine if its just a game. However, the moment there is a potential to earn money through it, then it is imperative to analyse the ‘how’ to determine if the earning is halal or not.
Unfortunately, I am personally unable to review this game, hence I am not giving a definite answer as to whether it is or not shariah compliant.

Kind regards

Assalamualaykum, ok I understand what You mean dear mufti.
Do you have anyone here on this platform
that can verify whether trades in these types of game would be permissible

Wassalam

Wasalam

Unfortunately, we don’t have the ressources to verify from our end.

Kind regards

Assalamalykum
I have A final query and that is

If I were to verify by myself Would You recommend any general criteria to adhere by?

I also want to mention something which has been compelling to ask questions of such nature

Keep in mind that considering my situation Im to be honest actually been forced to follow this option of earning.

Please see one of my other posts where I explain the situation in detail Earning money from gaming platforms - Questions For IFG/Mufti / Business and Career Questions - IFG Islamic Finance Forum (islamicfinanceguru.com)

Due to my age I’m not able to find online work or if I do find the work its either something I’m not an expert at such as freelance programming etc

My parents also wont allow me to travel which is another obstacle to not finding suitable work.

In addition my parents weren’t agreeing at all regarding working but after convincing them that I will only work from home they agreed.

However they still didn’t permit me to do any job/work that will interfere with my studies.

Since I play games in free time and this is something my parents allow me to do provided its not excessive.

I had an idea and that was that I can actually turn my free time into a somewhat productive task rather than just playing **e.g a little bit of money. and it also seemed a viable option since it doesn’t involve me leaving the house nor does it mean I have to work under predefined times or under the instructions of a client/employee and it also offers flexibility

**That is why all this time I had been asking question regarding this **
**In addition to this, I will also look at other ways I can achieve earning money online but that was the primary motive behind asking gaming questions **

Wassalam

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
I had a look at it, and the game and trading seems fine. The use of TRX token is also acceptable to me. Just ensure you don’t participate in any betting contest if any.
Also I don’t know how old you are, but make sure that you are at the right age to play this game, and trade.

And Allah knows best!