Dropshipping and Ju’ala

Asalamalaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatahu
I watched the very informative Drop shipping discussion from last year 2020 and it seemed like there wasn’t a consensus on how to make it shariah compliant.

More than a year later, there doesn’t seem to be much more discussion or guidance I could find, however I did run into this article on Amanah Advisors that approached drop shipping from the angle of Ju’ala by Mufti Faraz Adam

What are the practical steps we can take to implement this model? Would the mere intention of the drop shipper being ‘amil suffice?

JazakAllahu Khayran

1 Like

Wa alaykum salaam,

Can you explain at this current instance how you are practising dropshipping?

Walaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu

I haven’t yet started Because of some of the ambiguity behind it’s permissibility.

However a friend of ours does Amazon to Amazon drop-shipping. We were thinking of doing something similar.

She (seller A- The dropshipper) advertises a product that another Amazon seller (Seller B) is also selling and has plenty in stock. Her (seller A) price will be slightly higher.

Each time she (seller A) receives an order, she will make a purchase from seller B. seller B will send the item to the customer’s address.
The return address on the item is seller A’s address

If there are any issues in the product, complaints, delivery, or request for refund, customer takes the claim back to seller A (the dropshipper) not seller B.

Would this mode be sharia compliant?

Just following up on this question. JazakAllahu Khayran