Doing business with Chinese Companies/Manufacturers

Assalamu alaykum, I hope everyone is doing well.

I was wondering if it was halal to buy products from Chinese manufacturers to then resell them. With everything happening to our Uyghur brothers and sisters, I’ve been avoiding buying from chinese sellers at all cost, wether it be on ebay, amazon, or in real life by avoiding products ‘made in china’… because I’m thinking : “oh well these guys are going to pay taxes within their country and a portion of that money’s going to end up in their government’s pockets, which will fund the Uyghur massacre.”

But I’ve been thinking about it recently and, the US is literally funding *srael and I never went: “I shouldn’t do business with American companies!”.

In fact, I’ve often heard “boycott china”, but I’ve never heard actually heard “boycot the USA”. Of course I’ve heard calls to boycott specific companies which support srael like stabucks, for example, but never have I felt ‘guilty’ about sending money to a manufacturer or a company that paya taxes to the US government…at least it never crossed my mind.

So I’m a little lost here, how would I know who to do business with and who to avoid at all cost?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post, jazakAllahu khairan

1 Like