Conveyancer/Property Lawyer - Permissible?

Asalaamu Wa’alaikum

I am currently a general legal practitioner (lawyer) in my country. I live in a western country with interest based loans. In my country, Islamic finance is relatively new and not accessible to the general public, including Muslims. Most muslims are buying property the conventional way applying for mortgages through riba based banks.

I would like to enter a less stressful career in the legal field and becoming a property lawyer interests me. However, I understand that drafting of riba based agreements is haram. I read somewhere that “Allah curses the one who receives interest, the one who pays interest and the one who draws up the contract” (please excuse errors as I am not 100% sure on the exact language).

A Conveyancer/Property lawyer would be the one who draws up the contract and the buyer would sign this agreement with the Conveyancer. The Conveyancer therefore acts on behalf of the riba based bank.

Before I register to write this specific exam, I would like to know whether this career path is permissible or not? There are many Muslim conveyancers in my country but I would just like to get a proper and correct answer.

Jazakallah for your time!

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

The process of conveyancing usually involves different types of lawyers. One will be acting on behalf of the seller, one on behalf of the buyer and one on behalf of the bank.
If your role involves the drafting of the mortgage contract between the bank and the buyer, then this will not be permissible.
This is based on the hadith you have mentioned: " The Prophet (pbuh) cursed the one who consumes riba and the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said: they are all the same." [narrated by Muslim]

And Allah knows best!

Jazakallahu Khayran, much appreciated!