Claiming on Previous Car Finance

A car finance was obtained via. an interest based/haram financing agreement, which has been cleared and rid of.

Referring to Martin Lewis’ article
You can file a claim regarding missold car finance. With this in mind, would making a claim/settlement be haraam due to the initial method of obtaining the finance?