Chartered accountant

Assalamualaikum, I am pursuing Chartered Accountancy Course in India, In order to complete it I have to undergo training where I would be doing various work like auditing the accounts of company which may be of interest , calculating and ascertaining the cost of product which may be influenced by interest paid on loans by the company, working on taxabilty of the company which is earning major part from halal work and also some haram work like from interest .
I am not involved directly with the decisions of taking and giving interest and it is also the decision arent influenced by me.
Is it permissble for me to undergo such training?
Can you if possible give daleel?

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
The scholars have a disagreement on the recording and calculation of interest by an accountant.
Some say that this role is not permissible. This is because of the hadith where the Prophet (pbuh) cursed the one who consumes ribaa, the one who gives it, the two who witness it and the one who writes it down.” [Muslim]

However, some scholars say that the recording of the riba is prohibited, only when it is part of the completion of the transaction. Once, the transaction has been completed, the accountant who comes later to do the audit, is not connected to it. He/She is merely auditing something that has already taken place.

I am of the opinion that your training is permissible based on the description you have provided. Also, once you have completed your training, I would advice you to try to join a company that does not deal in haram.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like