Career as a barrister and legal fields

Salaam,

I have been interested in being a barrister for some time however upon research have found that most if not all civil law cases where damages are involved will include an element of interest.

To be honest, I am not sure if a barrister themself has to mention this possibility to their client (that they can have interest added onto their damages if they want), if a barrister would have to make a claim for interest by themsleves (in either case a barrister would have to make this claim in court for their client) or if it is simply something up to the judges discretion entirely and no lawyer would have to mention interest (or perhaps its the job of the solicitor to do this work). Such areas of law I looked into included personal injury and compensation for unlawful detention in immigration law and just damages in civil courts in general which all have elements of interest involved in damages awarded. Also bearing in mind that a barrister cannot pick their cases and are technically self employed (though subject to the rules and regulations of the Bar Standards Board which the “cab rank rule” prevents declining cases except where the case is in an area of law the individual is not practicing, their is a schedule conlfict or where the barrister would not be adequalty paid for the work done, or where they lack sufficient experience and knowledge) what is the ruling on the permissability of arguing for interest to be added to damages on behalf of a client. (The information I provided may be inaccurate as I am simply curious about the profession and so any corrections are welcome).

Furthermore, is there any area of law that a muslim barrister can actually practice whilst sticking to their deen? Or would a muslim only be able to practice as a solicitor, or specifically as a solicitor in certain financial areas of law? Finally, what areas of law then (if any) are actually permissable to practice with all this in mind.

Apologise for the long question,
Juzakallah