Can I take out a maintenance loan If needed?

Salam I am going to attend university in September and have taken out a student loan. I am aware that I am paying interest but I felt it was my only option considering these times. I have always said I will not take out a maintenance loan to avoid unnecessary interest and debt and as I am already “ committing a sin” I don’t want to commit another one. However with the current circumstances and my financial situation I a unsure whether I can afford to self fund my costs that would arise from attending university. I am not sure what to do as I don’t want to end up 50k in debt after university but I thought if I take the first year payment and try and manage and see where I end up later?
Salam

@Mufti_Faraz_Adam @Mufti_Billal

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

I do not think maintenance loan is permissible to start up with. However, maybe there are situations when it might be necessary to take such loan. Unfortunately we can’t give a general ruling as each individual’s situation differ from the other.
To make such assessment, it is better you speak to your local scholar who you can explain your situation in details for him to provide you with a clear guidance.

And Allah knows best!