Buying from a people

Assalamu alaikum.

I hope you and your family are safe. I want to share a situation.

Sometimes some wholesalers show products (cloth. i.e not agricultural) from the weavers directly. That is a wholesaler W is showing you a product which is still at the hand of the manufacturer M. Here several cases can happen.

1. M and W are business partner. That is, M produces the products and W sells them to the customer. So, W shows the product images to Customer C. But the products are still at M’s house. When C choose any product then, W bring the products to his shop and When C pays him (W), he sends the product to C’s address. ( i know this is ok. is my knowledge correct? )

2. M is actually owned by W. That is, M produces the products and W has hired him for making the products. So, W shows the product images to Customer C. But the products are still at M’s house. When C choose any product then, W bring the products to his shop and When C pays him (W), he sends the product to C’s address. ( i know this is ok. is my knowledge correct? )

3. M is not a direct partner of W. Rather M has manyyyy buyers like W. W shows the product of M to customer C. When C likes the product (cloth) then W asks M to keep the product aside or book the product and then brings the product to his(W) shop (if the product is available) by paying M his payment.Then, W ask C to pay the payment and after the payment is done the product is shipped to C.

4. M is not a direct partner of W. Rather M has manyyyy buyers like W. W shows the product of M to customer C. When C likes the product (cloth) then W asks M to keep the product aside or book the product and then brings the product to his(W) shop (if the product is available), but does not pay M his payment.Then, W ask C to pay the payment and after the payment is done the product is shipped to C. And W and M complete their own payment according to their dealings.

5. M is not a direct partner of W. Rather M has manyyyy buyers like W. W shows the product of M to customer C. When C likes the product (cloth) then W asks M to keep the product aside or book the product and then asks C to do the payment.After C does the payment, W pays M and asks M to send the product to his shop.And after that M sends the product to C.C knows that the product actually belongs to M. And W is just acting as a source.

6. M is not a direct partner of W. Rather M has manyyyy buyers like W. W shows the product of M to customer C. When C likes the product (cloth) then W asks M to keep the product aside or book the product and then asks C to do the payment.After C does the payment W pays M asks M to send the product to C directly.And M does not take the product in his shop physically.C knows that the product actually belongs to M. And W is just acting as a source.

In all the cases obviously price is determined when the product was shown to C and M has stipulated the price to C including all his personal profits (in the cases where M and W are not direct partner.)

As per my findings number 1-5 are ok. Is my finding correct? And what about number 6?

If any process is not correct then what is the way to do it properly? (please ask me if I need to make any point clear.)

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

If the products is brought to the shop, then why C does not take possession of it on the spot?

Regards

Because C and M are from different city, most of the time different country. C mainly contacts with M over internet. M shows products to C in online. I should have mentioned it in the question earlier. Sorry.

@Mufti_Billal assalamu alaikum brother. waiting for a reply :frowning:

Wasalam

1. It’s fine

2. It’s fine

3. It’s fine

4. If the transaction between W and M starts at the time of W taking possession of the cloth, then it is fine.

5. Yes, it’s fine if either M is an agent of W or, if W and M enters into the transaction at the time of W taking possession of the cloth.

6. If the understanding is that W is an agent of M, then it is fine.

And Allah knows best!

Thank you for your answer.
But I did not understand the reply for number 4, 5.
For number 4. W brings the products from M in a manner as if he has become the owner of it. But will pay later. I mean something like buying on credit.

In number 5, could you make it clear. I failed to get the point.
one thing to add for number 5, sometimes it happen that before C manage to pay w, W does the payment to M.And then C pays to W.
6. By agent does islam mean that there has to be a written agreement. Like it may happen that, as if you are a manufacturers and you have a whatsapp group.in that group you share your products. And people who are in that group they sell those product that you share in the group. And you know it. They use the images, description that you share but they set the price along with their profit. That is if you provide a ladies dress image saying its price is 10 dollar they will forward this image to the customers saying that the price is 15 dollar this 5 dollar they keep as profit. No specific profit is set by you. They set it as per their wish.