Buying and selling

Asalaamu alaikum,

I run a lettings agency and provide different services to my clients. One of the ways we run our company is by advertising these services on our website. At time of advertising we do not own all of these services. When a customer requests the service, we buy the service from the supplier with our own money without charging the customer. At this point, the customer can change their mind and not want the service despite us having already bought it. After we have purchased the service we then charge the customer a higher price. Is this permissible?

Wa alaykum salaam,

Can you give an example of a service?

For example, energy performance certificate or gas safety certificate

Can you please elaborate this?

If the customer changed their mind and don’t want it, how can you charge higher?

Can you please provide a few multiple example scenarios?

Thanks
ZubairLK

When i have purchased a service from my supplier, during this period the customer can say they no longer wish for the service even though i have bought it. But if they still want the service i charge them a higher price. For example, i bought an epc for £50 from my supplier but charge my customer £60. Once the customer has paid me then there is no refund. But before the customer has paid me, they have the option to not buy the service.

Are you merely selling the certificates or do you carry out the work? Or do you get the supplier to carry out the work for the customer?

How does this work?

The supplier carries out the work, i don’t actually carry out the work