Business Question: Affiliate Marketing

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

What is the ruling on promoting products/services as an affiliate marketer where the product/service has a landing page that contains things such as music and images of women?

For example, if you run an ad on Google Adwords for a company and somebody clicks on it, they get sent to a landing page that may have promotional videos that contain music and possibly women in the video etc. describing the product. However customers can buy the product/service without needing to watch these videos.

Is it allowed to send people to these pages as your purpose and intention is for them to purchase the product/service so you can earn a commission and not to watch the videos/images specifically?

JazakAllah Khair

Wasalam

May Allah bless you

In this scenario, it is permissible to promote those products/services as longer as they are shariah compliant.

And Allah knows best!

1 Like

Salam,

JazakAllah Khair for your response.

What about promoting and selling online courses to others and earning a commission, if the online course has videos of women teaching etc. but the content of the course is permissible such as business, marketing training etc. - would this be permissible?

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
I would not recommend it as some scholars may not see it as permissible. However I would not consider the earning haram in the scenario described.

And Allah knows best!

Salam,

I have a similar question to what is written so I thought of writing it here,

I also promote the stock broker that I use due to its many benefits that it provides (copy trading, portfolio maker etc.). However, the broker also has leverage and CFDs. Does that make it haram for me to promote it and tell people that I use that certain broker, or is it considered like the knife example where it can be used in a right way and in a wrong way?

Regards,
Muhab Hasan

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

If you are promoting a firm or a person for the halal services or products they offer, then there is not thing with it even though they might be offering other non shariah compliant products.
For example, you might tell your friend or relative to do their shopping at Waitrose because you think they have better fruits products. The fact that Waitrose also sell haram products, does not make you a sinner.

And Allah knows best!

The way I do it is mostly by putting the link of the broker in the description of my YouTube videos without talking about its features in general, is that fine?

But I like the broker because of its halal features (and I’ve mentioned some of them in one of my old videos).

I would mention in the description the halal services you think this broker is good for. Simply to avoid people mis-judging you, believing you are involved in haram.

And Allah knows best!

Assalamualaikum Mufti Billal

I am little bit of worried about affiliate marketing.

there is high demand of affiliate marketing in Make money online NIche. and as an affiliate marketer I am going to like it. in some offer they even offering 100% commission…don’t know how though.
In Health niche most of the product advertise/banner showing women picture to promote…

I really like to earn money as an affiliate marketer but i want halal income , I dont want any haram earning.

Can you please explain, canwe do such kind of affiliate marketing?

Asalamulaikum @Mufti_Billal

Is it permissible to do email traffic affiliate marketing? I advertise customers of online e-services/learning through my advertising page using generally halal advertising. I have not used the products beforehand but generally seems halal…I.e selling a cheaper duplicate of online e-learning platform builder like Udemy. If happy, the customer will then be redirected to the vendor/sellers advertising page to eventually buy the service (seller’s advertising may exaggerate their service. This is avoided on my page. I also highlight to customer 30 day moneyback guarantee. I only sell products with 30 day guarantee). Will this be halal?