السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
I wanted some advice on whether these job roles are halal and which would be better for me based on shariah. I want to do an apprenticeship with EY in either tax or assurance.
The job roles for assurance includes:
- Getting to know our clients, their businesses and how they work
- Testing checks and balances to ensure they work how they’re supposed to
- Analysing the data that goes into a financial statement to make sure it is true and fair
- You’ll also spend substantial periods of time travelling to other offices and client sites
- You will be expected to work longer hours during peak times in client delivery work – this is especially the case during busy season when you will need to work over weekends too.
And the job roles for the tax service includes: What will you be doing?
- Working across various specialist tax teams within UK & Ireland or Financial Services
- Working directly on tax reporting, technical research and data analysis alongside senior colleagues
- Building important relationships with clients.
Do they comply to shariah and would it be halal for me to work in these areas?