Auditing a company that has Haraam activity

Dear Sheikh,

I provide skilled resources to a financial auditor (CA), who utilizes these resources to audit his clients. One of his clients is a Soccer Club whose significant portion of income (almost 50%) is from alcohol sales. Can my staff help with such audit or is it impermissible? Further, when I told the auditor not to use my staff for this client, he suggested that he will use them and pay them directly only for this one client. For the remaining clients he will pay me as usual. My staff is non-Muslim and they don’t have a problem auditing this client. Would I still be sinful for it, even though I am not earning from this one client, since I am the one supplying the resources?

Jazakallah Khair.

Wa alaykum salaam,

Technically, it would be acceptable to audit such companies as the audit is not concerned with the promoting, marketing or assisting in sales of unlawful items, rather it is more about reviewing financial statements, internal processes and transaction records to ensure proper recording and reporting.

If you opt not to offer services, that would be out of your caution, prudence, God consciousness and piety, which is commendable and admirable.

Allah knows best