Animated books -halal or haram?

Slms i am writing books for children aged 3-6. The eyeless characters look scary so I am using animated human characters with eyes to sell my books. Is my income classed halal or haram due to the use of cartoon human characters. Pls kindly advise.

Assalaamu alaykum,

According to a number of scholars, the cartoon pictures for kids are acceptable. The concern on “images” revolves around 3D sculptures or statues made according to a number of scholars, or the actual depiction of worshipped idols, or depiction of something that is very likely to be worshipped. This is very unlikely in kid’s cartoon books for ages 3-6.

Allah knows best

Assalam alaikum

I sell books online, and some of the books have images where a person’s awrah may be visible. For example in case of a man or boy, the area slightly above the knees or slightly below the navel, and in case of a woman her hair or arms etc. These may be photographs, cartoons or pictures/drawings.

The books I sell are children’s books and there is nothing at all that’s provocative or suggestive in the images. The books are actually printed in a Muslim country, but as you know most people don’t take care of such matters.

In this case, what are my Shari’ah obligations as a seller ?

Salam Haris - would be good to know if you got an answer from this?

JazakAllah

Wa alaikum assalam, no I haven’t received an answer yet.

Assalam alaikum @Mufti_Faraz_Adam @Mufti_Billal , I would be very grateful for your opinion on this question. Jazakumullah khayr.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
I believe that first, it depends on the type of books you are selling i.e the content must not be against shariah principles.
Secondly, the images must not be the main purpose of the book.
For example, it is permissible to sell newspaper in general. Even though there are images in them, the aim of buying a newspaper is to read the news not to look at the images.

And Allah knows best!

Jazakallahu khayran Mufti Billal. Yes the content is permissible and the images are not the main purpose, so I will go ahead with it inshallah.